Davenport schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport schedule

Is there a judge's seminar planned for Davenport prior to judging ?
    How about the mandatory apprentice judge meeting ?

No judging seminars at Davenport ????

VPH-D

Comment

We will continue to offer apprentice training and a judges' session at every meet. The apprentice workshop will be held on Saturday at 3:00 PM, with the Judges' session immediately following at 4:00 PM. I believe it will be in the Keppy building, but please check your program. There will be announcements throughout the meet. Thank You for asking and hopefully see you there.

Steve
      Steve Dawdy

Comment

steve, thanks for taking the time to talk to my good friend with #38 SS racer. You didn't have to worry about busting his ego or hurting his feelings, though. He is an enthusiast who is primarily SHARING his fun with the rest of us, and aren't we lucky?!
        His 99.5 points at Fremont meet was quite a topic at chapter meetings, what with pre-40 frame and post 40 cylinders. ... We talked about it today, about what a shame it would have been had he tried to restore that machine by the book. I'm confident that you recognized that, too.
        When developing judging rules for competition classes, I have only one piece of advice: take your time.
        thanks

Comment

Thanks Phil. The modified competition motorcycles will have their day on the judging field. Your advise is always
          welcome.

Steve
          Steve Dawdy

Comment

Originally posted by scd View Post
            Thanks Phil. The modified competition motorcycles will have their day on the judging field. Your advise is always
            welcome.

Steve
            Steve
            please explain to me what is going on, at the FL no competition bikes judged, at Oley a competition was judged, at Rhinebeck a competition bike was refused judging then at Davenport I saw several competition bikes being judged. and don't tell me they were "as they left the factory" because I know competition bikes and those being judged were not that!!!

Comment

We have seen a few competition bikes on the field this season. If they are restored to "as they left the factory" they are eligible for judging in the same manner as the stock machines, and we're very happy to oblige. If they are in as-raced condition, with all manner of competition modifications, like we saw with several machines at Davenport, they currently are not eligible. Why are they ineligible? Simply because they don't fit our current judging system. If we did judge them, they would either be immediately disallowed, such as for an engine-frame mismatch, or incur so many deductions for "incorrect" components that the entire process would be a disservice to owner and machine. Not all of the motorcycles on the field at Davenport were eligible for judging. I am very hopeful that we can remedy this situation in the future by creating a special class for this important part of motorcycling history. Stay tuned. Thanks
              Steve Dawdy

Comment

Working...
              X