1949 panhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 panhead

I have a very early 49 panhead (origionally tittled in nov. 1948). I am the second titled owner of this bike. The motorcycle had been repainted berore I purchased it. This bike has what I believe are left over 48 parts on it. They include the carb and chrome breather cover and also the tail light/license plate bracket is screwed on instead of riveted on. I have restored this motorcycle to as close to AMCA specs as possable for me, however I left the (what I believe were origional equipment) 1948 parts on it. My question is will these 48 parts be a deduction in the judging process?

Originally posted by rvclz View Post
    I have a very early 49 panhead (origionally tittled in nov. 1948). I am the second titled owner of this bike. The motorcycle had been repainted berore I purchased it. This bike has what I believe are left over 48 parts on it. They include the carb and chrome breather cover and also the tail light/license plate bracket is screwed on instead of riveted on. I have restored this motorcycle to as close to AMCA specs as possable for me, however I left the (what I believe were original equipment) 1948 parts on it. My question is will these 48 parts be a deduction in the judging process?
    in my humble opinion no. just make copies of all the documentation you have and put on display any time you show it.

Comment

how about some detail pictures for us
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

I noted a license plate strap/tail light with bolts rather than rivets on 49FL37XX. It wasn't just bolts used to replace the rivets either, it was an earlier type light assembly. But I also have noted riveted ones on the two earlier production units I've seen.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
        X