Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead mirrors

Hey there,

I have a 64 FLH with incorrect mirror. Are the Superior / dixie mirrors considered correct?

Did this bike have one or two mirrors? If one which side?

Thanks for any input.

From what I've seen all "original equipment" mirrors had HARLEY-DAVIDSON imprinted on thier stems. Don't know how the judges would feel about them lacking that. After all you could've bought a set of superior's at the dealer most likely and put em on yourself in the parking lot. At what point mirrors went from round to oval I don't know.
    Brian
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

leave them off for AMCA judging

Hi, The (lollipop) 4" round blue tinted glass 8" stem is correct for 64 and before marked Harley Davidson on the stem. For judging if you don't have them...just take off what you do have that look similar as from what I understand it is considered an accessory and doesn't have to be on the bike for judging. One or two mirrors also doesn't matter as it's all personal preference as is which side for a single mirror. Back in those days mirrors were not a requirement. The correct mirrors as you know show up on ebay occassionally and run between $100-$250 depending on condition, very seldom seen sold at meets for unknown reason. The heavier cadmium plated or stainless steel clamp is another thing. Keep ridin them, Merlin in Pa.
      Last edited by Magic; 06-17-2008, 11:14 AM. Reason: left out info

Comment

Panhead Mirrors

Thanks Guys,

My existing mirror has HD on stem but is mounted through the clutch lever bracket and the glass is chipped around the edges. Is there a way to salvage the stem and put a new mirror on it? ( Replace original mirror with a supirior on my stem ) From everyone I talk to the stem should be clamp mounted to handle bar. Were the Supirior mirrors sold as accesory at HD dealers? And last but not least which is correct for the clamp, stainless or Cad ?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X