Aftermarket electronic ignishion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket electronic ignishion

How much of a point deduction for the replacement of breaker points ignition with electronic ignition?
    The replacement ignition retains the coils, plug wires and caps. The only evidence is the black box module This would be for a BMW airhead.

Howdy sir,

What vintage BMW, 2/5/7? Mine is comprehensively changed in voltage, charging and ignition and all concealed (regulator rectifier located on top frame tube between fuel tank halves) with the only change evident being 5k ohm NGK resistor plug caps that can be changed out in minutes to original metal shielded ones if this machine to be ever judged…which it won’t.

https://petergz.smugmug.com/Motorcyc...R69S/i-2DRJzpm
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

1973 R 75/5. This system allows the use of stock coils, sparkplug caps and wires.
      Thanks

Comment

From the “Judging Handbook & Guidelines” Max Deduction - Relay(s) and Regulator - 1/2 point

Comment

Thanks rustynutz, If so I'm willing to give up 1/2 point.

Where may I obtain the Judging Handbook?

Comment

Go on the AMCA website home page and scroll to the very bottom of the page, click on judging information.

Comment

Originally posted by rustynutz View Post
              Go on the AMCA website home page and scroll to the very bottom of the page, click on judging information.
              Thank You Sir

Comment

Working...
              X