Judging Hypothetical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging Hypothetical

Judges, how would you deal with this? Say someone entered a extremely correct 1935 Indian Chief. The spark plugs used by the presenter were original Indian Edison C plugs. Impressive, right? Indian C original plugs are hard to come by. Here is the conundrum. They were not available until 1941! The correct plug is an Indian A. Very very rare! Impressive if on the bike. Would this be best addressed using a different period plug, a modern plug or modern Indian C (which is a piece of crap)? Would it just be noted with or without a deduction? We have used the next available best rule and similar ideas in the past, but to use something that didn’t exist, as impressive as it may be is a brain teaser.

Originally posted by bikerdds View Post
    Judges, how would you deal with this? Say someone entered a extremely correct 1935 Indian Chief. The spark plugs used by the presenter were original Indian Edison C plugs. Impressive, right? Indian C original plugs are hard to come by. Here is the conundrum. They were not available until 1941! The correct plug is an Indian A. Very very rare! Impressive if on the bike. Would this be best addressed using a different period plug, a modern plug or modern Indian C (which is a piece of crap)? Would it just be noted with or without a deduction? We have used the next available best rule and similar ideas in the past, but to use something that didn’t exist, as impressive as it may be is a brain teaser.
    I would use the plug I could find and take the point hit that might or might not be accessed. You would get a copy of the judging sheet and the assessment would be obvious to anybody that you would share it with. If that would be the only infraction the motorcycle would easily get to the top. If anybody is going to be critical of such a minor infraction we need to see their motorcycle. Just my opinion. Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post

I would use the plug I could find and take the point hit that might or might not be accessed. You would get a copy of the judging sheet and the assessment would be obvious to anybody that you would share it with. If that would be the only infraction the motorcycle would easily get to the top. If anybody is going to be critical of such a minor infraction we need to see their motorcycle. Just my opinion. Jerry
      Does it start and run??

You win.

...Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-17-2022, 06:25 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The option of notation without deduction seems appropriate.

Comment

Working...
        X