Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about 1st time getting judged. does the bike need to be running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about 1st time getting judged. does the bike need to be running?

C3E875A1-A237-4D6F-AE89-917B387E9412.jpegHello. I recently purchased a 47 Indian. I am very new to owning a vintage Indian. I was thinking or bringing it to Oley and getting it judged more as a opportunity to gain knowledge as to what I need to do to make this bike correct as possible. My question is will the bike need to be running? The bike was stored in a museum for a few years and they lost the key. I also need to flush the tanks out and change the oil before I start the bike. I will not be able to have it running in time for Oley. I am not looking to win anything. Will they judge a bike that is pushed in? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Fastfred116; 04-19-2022, 12:26 PM.
    Fred Leach
    Cape Cod Ma.
    1946 Indian Chief
    1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster Bonni
    2014 Indian #450 Chieftain
    2013 Vic Vision

Congratulations on the bike!

If you download the judging handbook, take a look at the judging form.

On the very top of the judging form there is a space marked: "bike seen running."

Comment

Short answer is no, that becomes a DQ.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Fred, you might want to take it to Oley anyway. I'm sure you could find enough knowledgeable Indian people that would look the bike over and give you some advice about what to correct. (Like the chrome fork springs and links.) Oley is a great meet. You will make a lot of good contacts and maybe find some of the parts you need.
        Dave

Comment

Here is something to get you started
          Robbie
          1947 Indian order form.jpg1947 Indian order form 2.jpg
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Take ammorest’s advice. There will be multitudes of knowledgeable Indian enthusiast willing to give you good advice. Get packing, hope to see you there!

Comment

Great advice! Thank you everyone. I think I'm going to trailer the bike down and see how it goes. I am having a lot of fun meeting and learning about them. Hope to meet some of you there.
              Fred Leach
              Cape Cod Ma.
              1946 Indian Chief
              1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster Bonni
              2014 Indian #450 Chieftain
              2013 Vic Vision

Comment

Working...
              X