Judging question "Date Codes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging question "Date Codes"

When having a knucklehead judged. Do the judges look at date codes on case, ( if on the outside) ,cylinders, Rocker Box's, and head's?
    If they do look at the casting date code's, How do they know what serial number goes with what time of year" Month" of casting should be on these components ?
    Hope I am not starting a shitstorm here but I didn't see it in the handbook so thought I would ask.

Originally posted by paddy View Post
    When having a knucklehead judged. Do the judges look at date codes on case, ( if on the outside) ,cylinders, Rocker Box's, and head's?
    If they do look at the casting date code's, How do they know what serial number goes with what time of year" Month" of casting should be on these components ?
    Hope I am not starting a shitstorm here but I didn't see it in the handbook so thought I would ask.
    Date codes on restored and period motorcycles is not a judgeable attribute. It does matter however on bikes declared to be original paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post

Date codes on restored and period motorcycles is not a judgeable attribute. It does matter however on bikes declared to be original paint.
      When it comes down to serial number spits it is basically a crap shoot. Very little factory information is available. Jerry

Comment

Working...
      X