Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

What would disqualify a bike from being judged besides not being old enough?

Incorrect frame/engine combination is, I believe, a deal breaker. I would think there are others as well. Hope this helps......Smitty

Comment

Don't they have to start and run, Folks?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

If a bike was made before 1970 and was made early at the beginning of the year they could have and did use left over frames from the year before and I have seen that. They did not care about the frame and engine matching because the engine numbers was how they were titled. So to disqualify a bike for that is wrong and if you are a Judge you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by silver65 View Post
          What would disqualify a bike from being judged besides not being old enough?
          Modified/tampered VIN numbers

And judges are well aware of frame date codes, theft codes, period when things were built, when new models came out,etc.
          The frame/engine issue is whether the frame it is a factory match. So as an example, a 1947 Knucklehead engine in a '41-'45 type frame, etc. Or for a Sportster example an XLCH in an E-start XLH frame with incorrect tabs, etc.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

If this is a general enquiry then you'll want to read the judging info on this Website. If it is a specific complaint then appeal it to the Chief Judge through the system. As Rubone says, don't underestimate the knowledge of our judges, particularly on Harleys.

Comment

Sometimes the frame was changed from one year to the next, hence the DQ. There are many scenarios,,,,,,,,,,,,Caveat Emptor

Comment

Working...
              X