Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good Zinc coating for my rims and other coatings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good Zinc coating for my rims and other coatings.

Looking for someone or someone you might know who can zinc coat my rims. Also, looking for other metals to use on my motorcycle. I live in Minnesota. Shipping is ok.

Thanks,
    Spencer

Spencer,
    Try threejplating.com They are located near Ohare Airport in Elk Grove Village,Il.They did the cad and zinc on my servi-car.
    They do no prep other than a chem clean before dip.They do "white" and gold cad. Price is reasonable.Turn around good.they did my stuff 3 years ago.
    Call ahead to make sure they are still doing this.This is sidework that they slip in between their industrial jobs.
    Run by 3 lovely ladies!
    Good luck,Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,

For the info. I'll check it out.

Spencer

Comment

Do they still do Cadmium ??? I'm looking to do my spokes..Thanks. B.Baker...

Baker, William, R......
        AMCA# 15164......"50" FL, "34" VLD....

Comment

Miller in Sons, Belleville, NJ. Bill they have to be glass beaded spotless and blown off. Any thing left on the treads will impede the treading on of the nipples in the end after plating. Bob L
          Last edited by Robert Luland; 02-27-2011, 06:18 PM.
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks Bob,
            I'll keep that in mind if and when I go that route.I remember taking the nipples off my pans rim, what a pain in the a$$ thanks again..B.Baker..

Baker, William, R......
            AMCA# 15164......"50" FL, "34" VLD....

Comment

Working...
            X