• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no chrome has come off yet from the lye
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Well after two months. In the end Ammonia does get off the copper if you have all the time in the world. Like I said earlier, it gets the flat big areas fast (Couple of weeks). I’m taking this to the next scientific level. I’m going to surf the web for a young scientific forum and find me some geeks to collaborate with. In the air of things in the world right now. Don’t be surprised if I come back and tell ya copper plating is the reason for global warming. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

for five months i had a chrome headlight switch sitting in lye.nothing changed all the chrome is still on the switch. my hands would have rusted that cheap switch quicker i'll try a few more things on it this spring
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Exeric: Ferric Chloride will remove nickel plating. I buy it a Fry's electronics, as folks use it for etching circuit boards. I have never tried it on copper, but I'll go throw a chunk in just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
            Exeric: Ferric Chloride will remove nickel plating. I buy it a Fry's electronics, as folks use it for etching circuit boards. I have never tried it on copper, but I'll go throw a chunk in just to see.
            silentgreyfello; Thanks, that's a good tip. I'll try it as well.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X