No announcement yet.

Brush Paint Finish..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used utek (akzo product) metal etch primer then a base coat and a clear coat on top.did a lot of sanding im not a good painter utek line is for body shop spot repair no sanding need if coats are with in 24 hrs. you can sand if needed. has 2 day easy sand time after that it takes alot to sand. cure time can be decreased with heat lamp.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
      i used utek (akzo product) metal etch primer then a base coat and a clear coat on top.did a lot of sanding im not a good painter utek line is for body shop spot repair no sanding need if coats are with in 24 hrs. you can sand if needed. has 2 day easy sand time after that it takes alot to sand. cure time can be decreased with heat lamp.
      Yes a friend of mine loves Akzo products,... I'm more familiar with PPG and have used Dupont's Centari. I've heard a LOT of good things about PPG's single stage stuff though,.. so I'm leaning towards it,... yet not entirely sure, so I figured on getting some opinions and see what's been successfully used, etc.

I don't really like the "wet" look of a 2-stage paint,...
      Last edited by 1776J; 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM.
      "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Hey Gang,

Glad and a little suprised to see my paint question generated some positive interest!

Once I've got the new tanks and fenders and start working, I'll post images. I've found a couple internet places that sell "coach paint" and will ship to the US. We'll see how it all works out!

Clint

Comment

Working...
        X