Help with Egyptian Ivory Paint color for 1935 VL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Egyptian Ivory Paint color for 1935 VL

Would any of you have a paint sample or paint code so that I can paint my bike properly?
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.

Give the 'Harbor Vintage' guys a call Michael. Unfortunately, John Pierce Colors retired & so went his business. Ebay has 'Antique Cycle Suppy Catalogs' for sale, they had paint chips inside the catalog~~they went under years ago also. Don't but a reprint, good used are still around on eBay. Make sure you ask the seller before purchasing if the chips are still in the catalog!!! Usually go for around 10- $15.

I don't know if they were successful, but i heard of some people calling the Milwaukee H-D archives for information? *Good Luck.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 02-01-2024, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Saw this on the Classic Panhead Facebook Group, not sure of the validity but here it is:

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let everyone know that about ago I purchased the Color Write business from John Pierce in New Hampshire. After some time moving out of my body shop, which I recently sold, I am now mixing paint for vintage motorcycles. Anyone who knows John knows he's spent many years matching these colors to original samples, fenders, tanks, dashes, etc so that we can keep restoring these bikes to the best standards possible.
      I have his full library of colors and formulas as well as a well stocked mixing station, over 35yrs mixing experience, training in matching colors and have been painting professionally since 1975.
      I plan to carry on supplying paint to vintage motorcycle enthusiasts for as long as I can as well as expanding the availability of single-stage colors.
      I would love to hear comments, wants, needs and advice from anyone who is willing to help. Thanks for reading this!
      Chuck Kelley 508-776-4919 call or text
      Email hck55@comcast.net
      IG chuck.kelley.142
      FB Chuck Kelley

Comment

That's Great! When I talked to John right before his retirement, he expressed that there was no one interested in taking over where he left off. Hopefully an updated version of the old website will pop~up.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I still need to find the Egyptian Ivory color. I have checked with all that you have given me with no luck so far.
          thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Comment

John Pierce's Color Write has been sold and is back in business.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
              John Pierce's Color Write has been sold and is back in business.
              I believe 'eddiepanhead' already had it covered here Chris, and it looks like it was a No Go when 'Wildcat' checked with Pierce's new owner, Chuck Kelley.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Working...
              X