1965 FLH Birch White tank panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 FLH Birch White tank panels

Can anyone tell me how / where the birch white accent panels were masked off on the inside or frame side of the tanks? Specificilly, with regards to the lower tank mounts, did the birch white cover the inner surface or only the outer surface? Can’t believe the factory took too much time masking across the entire inner tank surface, but near the front of the tanks it’s somewhat visible and would be important to get it right. Thanks in advance for any info!

DSCN5927.JPG DSCN5911.JPG DSCN5917.JPG
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I just sold my All original 65 so this is all I have for you to look at as far as tanks. I only had the tanks off once and don't recall any white on the inside or frame side. Except for an inch or so, was all black.
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

This is a set of OP 65 tanks I have for sale
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Original paint '65 tanks

Upside -.jpg Upside 065.jpg

Comment

Huge thanks to everyone for the information! One interesting thing I noticed on the reverse pattern paint scheme tanks was based on the overspray it appears the upper (main) color was applied last. The standard pattern paint scheme, photos from Paddy, it’s what I would have expected, the main color was shot first then the birch white panels were masked off and shot. Thanks again and happy new year to all!

Comment

Here is another with white bottom.

Dingy 130.jpg

Dingy 131.jpg
              Dingy 063.jpg
              Dingy 064.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X