• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car~Rep ... 2K Rattle Can Paint

This Threads IS about ....... CAR~REP 2 K paint . period

It's NOT about what you used OR other paints -
    than Car-Rep 2K paint !
    NOT xyz-zy paint, NOT abc paint !

The Car-Rep® 2K Automotive Paint System ~ ~ has NO shelf life like eastwood 2K..... that means you CAN reuse this can in a week, in a month or 4 months...

Two-component paints (also referred to as 2K paints) are paints in which a chemical reaction results in paint hardening. Hardeners for two-component paints are usually polyisocyanates that combine with the base paint to form very durable coatings.

The Car-Rep® 2K Spray Paint System makes it easy to get a professional-looking finish on all your automotive projects with a full assortment of primers, clear coats, and stand alone color top coats all with the superior, corrosion, chemical, and UV resistant characteristics you can only get from 2K. But what makes Car-Rep products truly unique is the revolutionary, patented Wise 2K® Technology which features the 2-components (both the hardener and the resin) in a one-compartment can that allows the hardener to only activate once sprayed — not inside the can. This not only makes Car-Rep incredibly easy to use, but it also means our products have unlimited pot life — so you can use entire contents of each can with no wasted product.

CAR-REP® 2K EPOXY COLOR TOP COATS WITH WISE 2K® TECHNOLOGY are designed for performance — forming the hardest, chemically resistant and durable finish that’s perfect for any automotive project — particularly direct to metal applications. Requiring no primers or clear coats, Car-Rep 2K Top Coats are easy to apply with high coverage (up to 27 sq. ft.) and are the only 2K Top Coats which require no mixing and feature unlimited pot life — so you can use the entire can. Available in the following colors: High Gloss Jet Black, Satin Jet Black, High Gloss Pure White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGynXJzWFBo&t=38s
    - - - - - - > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQcJsuoLOvE&t=43s < < - - - - -

I'm using this product on 3 bikes and usually smaller parts / bits that
    Last edited by blacknight55; 03-27-2023, 01:17 PM.

I'm deep into doing all the paint work on my '41 Scout. This product looks like it could have some value for priming, and painting small parts; particularly parts that are prepared at different times, and sub assemblies that will be black. There are a lot of black parts on my Scout that I have done as I was able to get to them, but scheduling a time to shoot automotive 2 part black paint on small parts is tough. Also, I prefer epoxy primer for every part but that is not always possible. Price is also a big factor as lately supplies have become limited, and costs are through the roof. I just paid $80 for 1 quart of black acrylic enamel (thanks to you know who). So, thanks for the commercial 'blacknight55', I'll look into the 2 part primer which I would be most interested in. By the way; please post some pictures of your work with this product.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

my repop'd HD pan before I sent it to the saddle shop chuck n jo. ..... it's going on my 1967 R80SS/2TC bmw conversion

4E461B45-786F-4552-9281-5C5F9A094C32_1_105_c.jpeg

C30CDCC0-C96B-4567-8646-721CB2464211_1_105_c.jpeg

this is my friends 39 scout pan. he didn't want it painted as it had a cheap ass PC job done decades ago . So i had it sand blasted, them I bead blasted it, w/o any sanding .

6CBD9DCD-A2B1-4334-A01F-0804AAF14D04_1_105_c.jpeg

D35CF9CD-7A9D-4384-B455-44A74E6A66C8_1_105_c.jpeg

Comment

mouse proofing air screen for my 1977 bmw R80/7 motor

DC656407-0342-453D-80E2-812136E4CBB4_1_105_c.jpeg

4AD2FF1B-0774-490E-A943-B06DF4E4D90C_1_105_c.jpeg

I did a hand full of other small bits, no pics before the pina apple express hit us on the left coast. now heavy snow.... gotta wait till spring for more.

Comment

Exeric, I use Seymour epoxy paint (spray can) for everything even tins. It comes in large cans and is chemical resistant (especially gas) and way affordable. Their primer is fantastic. Heavy, sandable, great stuff. just sayin'.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks. Jim, and Rich. Those seat pans look great, Jim, thanks for bringing products like this to our attention. I can see I'll be re-doing some parts I'm not happy with.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

I used Spray Max for the white panels on the tanks and saddlebags. Very pleased with the results. 20210406_122818.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X