Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale paint colors

any color options or is grey the only color, doing an eleven 4 hp single

In the old days of the AMCA magazine, there were in depth articles about early marques like Yale. I wonder if you could find those archives and do some research that way. The AMCA has become something of a HOG chapter auxiliary so it's hard to find good information about true antique motorcycles here. I was hoping a Yale fanatic would come on here and give us the benefit of their knowledge.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

From this 1913 list of specifications it looks like French grey was the only color available. There is a good chance that 1911 offered only gr Yale 2 001.jpg ey.
      Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

The Yale was a beautifully finished motorcycle, and thanks, Tom for posting the Yale specifications. I think the Yale, Iver Johnson, early Reading Standard, early H-D, and Indians were among the most quality built, and detailed motorcycles built in the early days. I wish more of them had survived.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Looks like French gray with blue stripes is how we will go

Comment

Bruce - I’m late this this thread but I was wondering if you were able to find a new paint code for “French Gray”. They also used the same color from around ‘13-‘17 on Ford, Chevrolet, Hudson, Mead Crusader bicycles, Iver Johnson, Cartercar 7 Series and Triumphs of the era, that I can find. Not sure of earlier bikes colors, I’ve seen a few variations of green, light blue or gray on early Yale's, beside the usual Black with orange/yellow tank tripes on Yale/California’s.
            Buster Naylor or Tom Holthaus would know what is correct for your Yale, Buster has unrestored original paint Yales. Buster has done a new paint code off an unrestored bike but with time the colors change and most were linseed oil base and yellowed out some.
            Tom is the owner at Quality Machine Shop in Santa Clara, CA and still working on pre-‘16 cars and motorcycles mostly.

Comment

Working...
            X