Birch White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch White

While I was at Davenport, I had several people ask me what color my sidecar was painted because it looked like the true Birch White that they remembered seeing when the bikes were new. The color I had picked for my sidecar was only because I had that color from another job and it closely resembled the color under the aluminum strip of my sidecar which was not what you would call a true white.
    I have since done some research and found that the color of paint that I used is the same paint formula as Birch White. So my question is what shade of white do you folks remember Birch White being? I see a lot of bright white being used.

There was a Cadillac white that matched, Ryan!

(That's all I remember, because I hate paint.)

.....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-25-2021, 08:24 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      There was a Cadillac white that matched, Ryan!

(That's all I remember, because I hate paint.)

.....Cotten
      The paint I used is a GM coded paint. I was wondering if people remember it as an off white, egg shell, cream, beige etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post

The paint I used is a GM coded paint. I was wondering if people remember it as an off white, egg shell, cream, beige etc.
        I absolutely remember it as "not quite white", Ryan!

... Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

1968-69 Ford Wimbledon White.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

I absolutely remember it as "not quite white", Ryan!

... Cotten
            Thanks Cotten, the paint was an off white under the aluminum strip on my sidecar and matched, at least in my eyes, the 1956 Chevy Adobe Beige that used to paint my fiberglass sidecar, that I happened to find that is the same
            Last edited by ryan; 09-26-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportster Jerry View Post
              1968-69 Ford Wimbledon White.
              I am not really sure what the color is suppose to be, but Wimblerton White is not a super brite white as well, I used PPG Adobe Beige, which seemed to be lighter than what I have seen on the tri-fives, but that could just be the area amount.

my bike original paint in pretty good shape except for the rust on the lower part of my rear fender. I tried several paint colors but could not match it, so I replaced my tank and fenders, repainted them and put my tanks and fenders in to storage, I did not like that original blue anyway. LOL

Comment

Its an eggshell white, and you can still see it on the non repainted white fiberglass saddlebags from the 60's and 70's.

Comment

just came across this post. dupont birch white code is 809233k . have used on several projects and is correct.

Comment

Birch White is still available from H-D but it is expensive.
                    vph-d

Comment

Working...
                    X