Indian Paint Codes from Greers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Paint Codes from Greers

After poking around a bit reading all the threads on paint, I was wondering if anyone has used the paint codes that Greer's supplied online? There is a lot of reference to them, so I would assume so. If used, were they spot on? I am particularly interested in the Indian Red and Fallon Brown.

Thanks in advance!

"Spot on" is impossible, RMS!

There is a whole science of spectroscopy that proves no modern paint formulation can ever reflect light exactly like the original formulae.

And considering we all see light differently as individuals, what pleases the masses might not please you.

So please, just please yourself.

....Cotten
    PS: Caveat: Unless you are going to have it judged, of course.

Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-25-2021, 11:19 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks, Cotten. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was just hoping someone had experience with those formulas and what they thought about how they turned out. Maybe even provide some pictures? I would rather know I am somewhat getting close to what I want before spending some crazy $$$ on a quart of quality paint. Once they mix it, it's mine. And no, I have no intent on showing these bikes, so not worrying about points.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        "Spot on" is impossible, RMS!

There is a whole science of spectroscopy that proves no modern paint formulation can ever reflect light exactly like the original formulae.

And considering we all see light differently as individuals, what pleases the masses might not please you.

So please, just please yourself.

....Cotten
        PS: Caveat: Unless you are going to have it judged, of course.
        rms337 Since your not having it judged, then Cotten's answer makes since.

Comment

Working...
        X