59 Pan tank stencil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Pan tank stencil

I finally found my 59 Panhead I've been searching for, and it arrives this week and the work begins. I hope to get the sheet metal off and cleaned up for the painters sometime soon, and was wondering if there is a template or pattern available for the tank panels. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions when the fun begins, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the new project.

Thanks

Joel

Joel,
    Good Luck with the new ride. I have an original paint 1961 FL and I have seen a few repaints of the original and nobody came close to getting the stripes right. I have never seen a stencil of the old paint schemes so I imagine they are unobtainable. best bet would be to get some kind soul to trace one for you. The 59 scheme looks a little bit tricky to me.
    Don't let it drive you too crazy theres a lot of larger problems out there
    Doug

Comment

i have original 59 right side tank i could trace for you,but i found when i painted mine it was not that difficult to mask,.just kept moving tape till i got both sides looking good.idid have the tank and several books to look at.let me know if i can help
      dap

Comment

My tanks currently do not have the panels (and are incorrect color) so I have nothing to go by but pictures. A tracing would be great if yours are original pattern that I could give my painter to go by. Let me know what you think

Thanks
        Joel

Comment

Joel
          email your adress to me and i will stencil tank for you and i will take some close-up pictures of original tank and my59. give me a couple days
          dap

Comment

59 TANK

MDAPP IS THE TANK YOU HAVE HI FI RED NEED ORIG. RIGHT SIDE FOR MY 60 THAANKS JACK IF SO EMAIL IS DALS@CONCAST.NET

Comment

Working...
            X