Paint job on 62 xlh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint job on 62 xlh

I am getting ready to paint my bike. I'm wondering about the stripes down the side of the tank. The turtle tank has an edge between side and top. It looks like from pictures that the stripe is on the bottom of the edge.now I'm thinking it could be on the top of the edge. Does anyone out there know what is correct for this also the width of the stripes and the distance between them. Thanks for anyone that can help on this. Mark

Here are some photos of an original paint 1962 XLH gas tank that I have. The stripes are 1/4" and there is a 1/2" gap between them. The gap spreads slightly (as shown) near the very rear of the tank. Hope these help, and let me know if there is anything else you need!

20160311_180812

20160311_180753

20160311_180738

20160311_180724

Comment

Hey Jerry thanks for the pictures they tell me what I need to know.Are they tango red . That's what I am going with.Thanks again. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        Hey Jerry thanks for the pictures they tell me what I need to know.Are they tango red . That's what I am going with.Thanks again. Mark
        Hi-Fi red.

Comment

This is tango red[ATTACH=CONFIG]17118[/ATTACH] dupont flare red #596054 is a modern code that will match.

Comment

Hey hennigan62 thanks for the tip on tango red your bike is looking good Mark

Comment

Working...
            X