TANK DECALS 1972 FLH (Black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANK DECALS 1972 FLH (Black)

Anyone have a vendor that could provide the right tank decal for a black 1972 FLH; I beleive it's part #61146-72. The reason I mention the color of the bike is because the black bike tank decals are different than the other colors; they're red and blue under and over the tank emblem; instead of just black on the other colored bikes. Not really looking for NOS, would be satisfied with a reproduced decal. Putting this thread in "Shovelhead" too.

Thanks
    Tim

I have seen original paint black '72's with the black with white border tank decals, a good friend in NC has such an animal. I've also seen the tank decals to which you refer on both black and white bikes, I believe it was referred to as Sparkling America. Those also had the red, white and blue stripes on the fenders and were on both FX's and FLH's. I have a '72 Super Glice rear fender with such a stripe.

If I am incorrect, someone please let me know.

Also, here is an Ebay listing of an original paint black '72 with the black tank decals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...b2a223d2#v4-42

Thanks,
    Lonnie
    Last edited by Lonnie; 01-09-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: added ebay listing to show decals in question
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Lonnie and the link; the black looks good! Do you know where I can get any of the decals?

Comment

I bought a full NOS set from Rick Simpson,(rdns@geneseo.net). I don't know if he still has some, that was a couple of years ago. But it is worth trying.
        Try here also: billm@prolog.net Bill's Custom Cycle (Bill's Cycle Barn) in Bloomsburg, PA.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks again Lonnie!
          Tim

Comment

Try Bill's Custome Cycle's in PA. His email is billm@billscustomecycles.com. Give him the part number and He'll get back to you.
            Wayne

Comment

Working...
            X