1937 Delphine blue paint scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Delphine blue paint scheme

Hi. I am ready to get my paint work done for my 37EL.
    My engine title says that when the bike was imported into the Repuclica De Guatemala, it was the colour of "Celestes" ...which coverts into English as sky blue.
    My engine Vin is 37EL303_ which is getting toward the tale end of the 37 production run.
    When the new 1937's were released there were 2 colour schemes for the general public...Teak red, striped in black and edged with gold pin stripes.
    The other colour was Bronze brown striped in delphine blue and edged in yellow.
    This second colour scheme was shunned by most customers and bikes in this scheme sold poorly.
    A new clour scheme was brought out for later 1937, being delphine blue with red pin stripes.
    I have decided to paint my bike Delphine blue because it fits with my title and my dash is original paint Delphine blue " thanks Jeff"
    I am looking for pictures of later 37's with this Delphine blue colour scheme. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards Steve
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

There is a blue 37 ul in the harley museum, Matt Olsen had a picture or two of it on his blog last week.
    Jim

Comment

Thanks for the lead Jim.
      Steve Little
      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
      Australia.
      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
      X