1938UH getting close.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • len dowe
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2002
    • 516

    #1

    1938UH getting close.

    After running a business for 35 years, working 7 days a week for most of it. I decided to say that enough is enough and tone it down considerably. Harry Molenaar built the engine, Chris Tribbey built the transmission. Everything else is on me. And a special thank you to Robbie Knight on the fender trim. Venetian Blue from my good friend John Pierce. I can't say thank you enough.
    I ran into some small problems but I'm getting close and will update when i can.
    Attached Files
    AMCA #765
  • PaulCDF
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2019
    • 1407

    #2
    Looking Good Len Something Special when all the major pieces come together and back up on two wheels. Not long now Congrats

    Comment

    • BigLakeBob
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 2766

      #3
      Looking good Len. Keep posting the progress. Great to see you back on the forum and congrats on toning your work load down, I am in the same work toning down mode.
      Bob Rice #6738

      Comment

      • len dowe
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2002
        • 516

        #4
        Thanks Paul, thanks Bob. Life's starting to get short and I still have some time left, so I want to make the most of it if I can. And it is good to be back, I'll try to keep the updates coming. And congrats to you as well Bob. I think we've earned it.
        Have a great day.
        AMCA #765

        Comment

        • JoJo357
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 3256

          #5
          The ’38 brings back some funny & fond memories. I found an original 1938 ULH in upper Michigan in 1993. I brought it home a day before we were to hit Daytona Bike Week. I never told my wife, because as a lot of You guys can attest to, women always seem to think our purchases will end the household into the poor house. We went to the Giant Volusia Swap Meet, and parked the motorcycles along the fence line, where they had a Motorcycle show. Ironically, the first motorcycle was a 1938 ULH. I set my wife up, mentioning how sweet this flathead was, and really poured it on. During the course of the swap, we seen at least 5 or 6 late ’30’s & ’40’s flatheads, and my wife would always point them out to me. My response was, “Ya, big deal baby, I’ve got one in the barn’’. Her response was, “Ya right’’. After the swap, we ended up at Pub 44 for a burger & beer. During the meal, my wife asked me why I kept saying, “”Big deal, I’ve got a ’38 in the barn’’. Thinking I could blow the whole vacation into the crapper right there, I fessed~up and told her… ‘’I REALLY DO HAVE ONE IN THE BARN’’!!! I thought she’d hit the ceiling, but boy was I wrong! She wanted to know all the details, and couldn’t wait to get home to see the ULH...Women!?%$#@

          *I can hardly wait to see the finished UH Len.

          E235ACD3-BBD7-41CA-9BA0-1787F7F9AECB_1_201_a.jpg

          *M.A.D.*











          Comment

          • ammorest
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 296

            #6
            Great story JoJo. Do you still have the bike......and the wife?
            Dave

            Comment

            Working...