51Indian Warrior TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51Indian Warrior TT

have identified all of the correct and incorrect parts on this bike since picking it up last Friday, plan is to keep the appearance mostly as is, I like the character it has, I am currently in tear down stage after finding the things that need to be addressed to put it back into a reliable running bike, oil pump seal mod, new cup, clutch and clutch bearing. Verified Cam and distributor timing, as well as spark, carburetor (a round slide Mikuni VM 28) is trash, and will be replaced. removed aftermarket oil cooler previous owner had installed, relocating ignition coil from inside the toolbox to frame under tank, then remove toolbox (bottom was cut out so coil could be mounted inside) building a wiring harness to replace all wiring, and VR need to be replaced with period correct/ or OEM VR.a lot of cleaning brightening to be done.
    Attached Files

Pulled heads tonight, quite a bit of movement of piston inside bore, lot of carbon on valves , and left side piston top, right side piston was much cleaner, I did wipe it off to find the +.010 stamp. Will pull jugs and mic them out to see how much wear they have taken.
    Attached Files

Comment

Frame stripped cleaned and ready for prep /paint, this is more of a preservation than a showpiece, I intend to leave minor imperfections as I love the character of the bike as it was when I picked it up, a flawless paint job would destroy that ( imho). Tins will be cleaned and left as is when it goes back together
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you keeping the rigid rear frame? No TT ever had a rear rigid. This was the only model that always used the spring frame, even though most riders usually used the spring frames.
        Spring frame rear sections are very affordable at Indianvertical.com priced at $188.00 per plus shipping.
        -JR

Comment

Even though it is not factory, I will keep the rigid rear for now, it is cleaned prepped / painted, cut off the welded on center stand tabs someone added an inch below the factory center stand mount and remounted where it belongs also removed the myriad of odd springs they had on it to hold it up and adding factory clip. Removed upper and lower head bearings, waiting for replacements to come in
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X