27BA Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27BA Tanks

the tanks were painted when I first got the bike but looked suss inside so I stripped them LOL
    Attached Files

images.jpeg

Comment

I'm sorry that happened to you. It appears the spirit of Mr/ Haney from Green Acres lives.

Pete Cole AMCA #14441
      1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Macca; bummer;

AMCA Facebook site 7/2/2023 (I know fb evil)

Mr Alex Trepanier posted:

"YES GAS TANKS CAN BE RESTORED!!
        Your original gas tank is better than any aftermarket gas tank! We all know nobody makes it like the factory did! Plus repro parts hurt the value of your bike. “I make factory tanks great again” I disassemble every part every fitting, I chemically dip and then sand blast every part! I take out the dents! And the craziest part yet!!! I dip the tanks in molten solder!!! They are tinned inside and out!!! No crappy coating needed! No rusting out again! And they solder together way stronger than factory. No welding fatigue and cracking like many of the repro tanks. And if you don’t want to pay me to do it for you, reach out to me and I will walk you through the steps! most mechanical people call at least repair there own tank. I support preserving history. Alex Harry’s Radiator 626-592-2212"

Per thread on site this is somewhere near Pasadena CA
        I have never dealt with Alex personally but he posts on fb often and I hear good things.
        Just a thought good luck.

Comment

Are both Tanks like this? Its a little strange to se them rusted on the top as well as bottom.
          Max

Comment

yes both tanks were badly rusted. how they became rusted top bottom & sides is a mystery to me

Comment

Working...
            X