54 FL Build of a different sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 FL Build of a different sort

I am trying to track down the bike in the attached photo. My father purchased it in the late 50's and sold it in the early 60's in the area around Pittsburgh PA. He didn't keep any records so I don't have the VIN.

It is a 54 with chrome tins, light blue frame and the name "Norm" on the seat skirt.

I doubt it looks like that today but I thought maybe there's a chance someone out there may have seen it. If so I'd love to hear from you.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

And so starts a new and different kind of member bike build thread - Where's This Bike? Hope to see all your updates. I remember a preface in Pat Gandahl's book The Lost Hot Rod where he talked about how people found old lost hot rods. They mostly used the tedious work of detectives ask people and leaving your contact info. I joke about putting the FLH on a milk carton but you could do something similar and do a print up on 5 X 7 index cards with a description a photo and your contact info and start distributing them to people that may be more likely to know something or know someone that knows something. I think The Harley In The Barn book had a similar experience of people that find what they are looking for. Pickers rarely have serendipity and find stuff by magic. Definitely finding out the VIN is an important first step because you sure don't want someone trying to pass of an imposter.

Good Luck

Mike Love

Comment

Here I go again .... and another thing. Don't forget, as an AMCA member you can advertise in the Antique Motorcycle magazine's classified free.

Mike Love

Comment

Thought this video from auto will it start wild man Derreck Vice Grip Garage about finding his dad's 56 Buick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opUkfrKoiuw

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
        X