48 chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 chief

I picked this up in January and started working on it putting it back together. Motor was done by the owner I received the bike from. Here are some pics from the start to where I am now.
    DSC00818.jpgDSC00819.jpgDSC00820.jpgDSC00821.jpgDSC00822.jpg

This is where I am at at present. I am heading to the meet that the Sunshine Chapter is holding on Friday and Saturday to find some smaller parts, Headlight mount, buddy seat grab rail, tail light and a couple odds and ends. Any info on this build would be appreciated! I did move the rear crash bars to the top like they are supposed to be.
    IMG_6898.jpgIMG_6899.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender(1).jpg
    Last edited by RonH; 03-03-2016, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Looking good there Ron! Picked a color yet? (... and when you do, don't forget to paint the toolbox lock, too!)
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

The toolbox lock is chrome. Did they paint them originally?

Comment

"Did they paint them originally?" Yes they did and on a '48 Chief the tool box lock is painted as well.
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Here she is finished!
            FullSizeRender 22.jpgFullSizeRender 24.jpgFullSizeRender 25.jpgFullSizeRender 23.jpg

Comment

The Chief looks great! Very handsome bike, I can't wait to get my '42 back on the road as well...
              AMCA # 3233

Comment

looks great but did you know you had the exhaust mounted wrong? The clamp goes downward not upwards like you have it.

Comment

I realized that after looking at it and knowing some thing wasn't quite right so I changed it shortly after I posted these pictures.

Comment

its a great looking bike Ron!!

Comment

Thank you, it was many hours in the garage and a lot of research to do her up right!

Comment

I know what you mean!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X