!923 Henderson 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !923 Henderson 4

The bike is as seen in the photos attached. Will be stripped and rebuilt to new as soon as I get all the parts needed to complete. The bike has't run for 35 years and would like to be going for our rally in april next year (2015)
    Been in family since Grand Father's Days.hend_1.jpghend_2.jpghend_4.jpghend_5.jpg

Heading should be 1923.......dumass.

Comment

That's a beauty, Dale!
      Honestly, I like it just the way it is. If you add parts to it, fine, but how long has it looked this good, I mean, since Grandfather owned it?

I prefer also, to call the Excelsior 4's Excelsior Henderson's, post-Henderson brothers who sold their business to Schwinn in, uhhhh, 1918?
      .. and then there's Bill Henderson, who almost immediately after that (maybe six months later) started building the Ace 4.
      ... I have Rich Schulz's Henderson book, which will have a "sequel", an up-dated book on the name, he tells me.
      Everybody see Dale Stoner's "experimental" at Wauseon?

Comment

The Excelsior, and Henderson are very different, and very separate to collectors who love each marque for it's own merits. Schwinn never used the two names together on a motorcycle but did incorporate the X into the logo for Henderson. Schwinn bought Henderson in October of 1917 and started moving parts, and tooling to Chicago almost immediately. It was the Hanlon brothers who put the 2 names together and we all know what that nasty thing looked like
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Hi again,
          I wanted to bring it back to its former glory as the internals have been sitting for that long( Dad said around 30+ years. think last time it was started was mid 80's). its been in a dry store and the seat occasionally oiled. (needs doing again = that reminds me) . Tank is rrrreally rusty inside, and I will totally attend to all things as I don't want to start it and it fail somewhere. Hard enough to find the few things I need, so a rebuild now is good insurance for the future. And besides I need another project as the norton has now been finished over 6 months. Just want it to purrrrr. D

Comment

Working...
          X