Garage find 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage find 47

After a 50 year nap,a little cleaning,new tires,got running and left it as found. rode it back to let the original owner see it and hear it run again.1947 Knucklehead 010.jpg1947 Knucklehead 022.jpg47 calendar shoot 003.jpg

You lucky dog!

Comment

Great score

Comment

Wow! is all I've got. . . Just Wow!
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Nice bike!! What did they say???

I did that with my '36 VLH after I restored it. I rode it back to the guy I bought it off of, and he did a 1 minute walk around and said... Looks good as he walked away! I suppose he just felt a little bad, but then again, he had it for 40+ years and he never did anything with it. So...
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I think it made his Day to see it and hear it run again. It made me feel good to see the smile it put on his face at 94 yrs old

Comment

Jim, I did the same thing with my 51FL. It was a beat-up, worn out chopper when I got it and I rounded up all the parts and even added a sidecar. My friend, who acted as a go-between told me the seller really wanted to see it and was a bit peeved that I hadn't been by sooner. So, I rode to his place and he told me I had painted it a stupid color, and I should give him more money because I got it too cheap.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

very cool and hats off to ya for showing the old guy his old bike once again - awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  Jim, I did the same thing with my 51FL. It was a beat-up, worn out chopper when I got it and I rounded up all the parts and even added a sidecar. My friend, who acted as a go-between told me the seller really wanted to see it and was a bit peeved that I hadn't been by sooner. So, I rode to his place and he told me I had painted it a stupid color, and I should give him more money because I got it too cheap.
                  LOL Eric He sold it to you at an agreed price........ I could only imagine the color of the chopper.

55tmm, sharp looking bike you scored there.
                  Last edited by Chuck#1848; 09-22-2013, 07:03 AM.
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by 55tmm View Post
                    I think it made his Day to see it and hear it run again. It made me feel good to see the smile it put on his face at 94 yrs old

That's nice to hear he enjoyed seeing it again. Probably brought back many memories too.
                    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      Wow! is all I've got. . . Just Wow!
                      That's where I am with a response... wow.. great story on your "return" with the '51. Some people just don't make the effort worth it... it seems clear that he had sellers regret.

Originally posted by 55tmm View Post
                      Now that's the kind of response a fella hopes for!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Does anybody know of a way to track down the previous owners of an antique bike using the vin number

Comment

Cool Deal. What a neat find

Comment

Was that found in Denver Colorado?
                            Len.
                            AMCA #765

Comment

It was not found in Col.

Comment

Working...
                              X