Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underdoggie View Post
    Cotten,
    .. I guess I'm just getting slow in my old age.
    We had this conversation before about the pilot lights and you know both of mine are green and always have been, why would you want different colors when all they do is tell you the turn signals are on. Oh, I get it, your just f___ing with me cause I take everything too serious right?
    Doh! I already asked?
    I'm young enough I should have, have remembered, butsomehow,.. I ... what were we... OH!
    My point revolves around observations that no two well-preserved '65s seem to have the same shroud lights, as simple as they should have been.

This is best moved to this thread: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ad.php?t=13468 , but could it possibly be that there really was no "correct" scheme because final assembly of special-ordered machines was performed by the Dealerships?

Since Chris H is tuned into this thread, and has vital documentation, I rudely brought it up.

Red lenses are hard to find in the alleyways anyway.

...Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-05-2009, 08:12 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Head bolt torque specs

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      George!

Just what are the "factory specs" for headbolt torque on the 841 (assumeably the same for a SS?) anyway? My military literature is lacking...

...Cotten
      My manual tells me the bolts take 50-55 ft/lbs of torque. If you ever need anything from either my parts manual or the maintenance/repair manual, just let me know.

Sorry about the delay in responding, but I had not read through this thread for several months. When I saw that there was a request for info this evening, I got right on it.
      George Tinkham
      Springfield, IL
      www.virmc.com
      AMCA # 1494
      1941 Indian 841
      1948 Indian Chief
      1956 H-D KHK
      1960 CH
      1964 BMW R69S
      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Working...
      X