1947 comet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 comet

I have a 1947 comet mc motorscooter and I was looking to restore it, but can find no info on it. I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me?? if you want you can e-mail me at dnkcozmo at yahoo thanks...Daniel

What is the parent compnay?

Comment

not sure??

hey thanks for the reply. I am not sure what the parent company is to be honest. All the title says is comet mc and then give the fact that it is a 6 hp and then goes and tells what the serial number is. I don't think that it really says anything else, but I will check and get back with you. If I sent you a picture of it do you think that you could identify it easier?. let me know your thoughts....Daniel

Comment

Ok. Found one on the internet. I personally know very little; just my internet skills help ...and I enjoy the chase.
        "The Comet Motorscooter was built pre-WW2 in Minneapolis, MN, with at least three models available." This fellow is restoring one that belonged to his parents.
        http://www.hobbytech.com/JamieColen-...metScooter.htm
        Do you have a complete scooter? Post a picture of it and keep us posted on your progress. ...bill

Comment

Link to a MN motorcycle newsletter showing a complete Comet. This will down load a .pdf file which will take a few minutes. ...bill
          http://www.goldeneaglesmotorcycleclu...s/Jan%2007.pdf

Comment

Above newsletter picture of a Comet motorscooter. ...bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Fond memorys

This was my first 2 wheeled adventure back in 1951. It was powered by a slanted Continental engine with a kick start and automatic clutch.I had more fun with that thing terrorizing the neighborhoods. It was red and I believe it was the original color. Always wanted to replace it someday but haven't found an example worth fooling with. Saw a basket in Indiana and one at Dennis Carpenters Museum in Concord ,NC.
              Thanks for the memory ! Oops! Bob Hope sang that .
              Rusty

Comment

Working...
              X