Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paps View Post
    I use worn out wheel hubs as pen and pencil holders. Pa
    I put new bearing races in worn out hubs and use them.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Cotten....You are a bad...or even a good....influence on me. I decided to keep my old junk parts. In the mindset you have with the spent sprockets, I figured i could weld together, just about every scrap part I have. The aluminum parts can be bolted to steel parts, then welded. Maybe a mailbox post ? Maybe a stairway handrail ? The art possibilities are endless. HEH ?? Paps

Comment

Forgive me if I have posted this pic before (attached below).
        (Special thanks to Mssrs. Breeding and Glasgow who donated the bulk of the Chief drum sprockets.)

As I mentioned in another thread, history is preserved by displaying the incredible abuse that these sprockets endured when motorcycles were utility machines and not vanity icons.

(And they live on by serving the purpose of slowing down any unwanted intruders.)

Previously posted is my shop's sign: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...6&d=1226108912

Absolutely nothing went up on the roof that would ever be worth taking down, except the whole of it, perhaps.

Waste nothing, ever.

...Cotten
        PS: Snakeoil!
        Saving that vintage bituminous may be more important than you think, as someday judging priceless un-restored machines may depend upon chemical analysis to determine if their history has been faked!
        Attached Files
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Yep !! That sounds like an yea to me ! Paps

Comment

Paps, I can only imagine how many people looked at that bike and wanted to either steal it some night or thought you were a fool to put a valuable old machine like that up there.

Therer is a shop in Central NY that has an old rigid BSA out front. I actually stopped to take a look at it as it is at eye level. Part of the mailbox arrangement. It's made from pieces as well.
            Regards,
            Rob Sigond
            AMCA # 1811

Comment

I can't take credit for the bike. Cotten put it up. Wish I had thought of it though. Paps

Comment

I keep everything I remember my Dad saying why are you throwing that away!! then he would follow with what you dont need today you may not have to pay for tomorrow !!!Nothing much gets thrown out here MC or otherwise!!

Comment

I had an original condition, unrestored teens bike, that I saved the dirt, crud, and grease off it when I cleaned it up. (from under the fenders, and engine cases etc). Then when I had to put new white tires on it, I made a slurry of "original bike crud" , and re-applied (some history) to the new tires, so they didn't look so out of place.

Now I can sleep better at night, knowing I didn't waste anything off it.

Comment

Working...
                  X