1940's Indian 4 speed/reverse transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940's Indian 4 speed/reverse transmission

Does anyone have diagrams for this transmission? I have a full break down of the parts. Any shop manuals with assembly instructions? I believe I have all the parts to assemble a reverse transmission. Any help is appreciated.

So do you have the parts to build a 4 speed or a 3 speed with reverse? Or did Indian make a 4/R trans?
    Last edited by ryan; 09-16-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

I have many of the parts to build a 3 speed with reverse.I have the case and tower and all but one gear and the shaft that that it turns on. My only parts reference is a 1941 Indian manual that shows the part numbers for both a 4 speed and 3 speed with reverse but no diagrams for the reverse. A diagram for the 3 speed /reverse trans would be helpful. I talked to Mike at KIWI Indian he said he has never seen any diagram. If I can't get any information it might be time to sell what I have if someone who can use it.

Comment

My understanding was those transmissions were for ridged frames only 1935-1939

Comment

I have all the gears for a spring frame chief 4 speed for sale pm me if interested I also have the drive gear for the ridged frame needs repair thanks Elmo

Comment

My parts information is in a 1941 manual. It shows parts for both types of transmissions. It looks like they may have been for both a ridge or spring frame model. I believe there are different length
            sprocket drivers.

Comment

And mainshafts to match.
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X