Early 45 3 speed transmission help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 45 3 speed transmission help

I’m looking for a diagram of parts for my 1929 model B single transmission. I’m planning on swapping over to the earlier case pictured in order to clean up and repair the current case. I have purchased the parts that were obviously missing but I’m unsure if I’ve now got the complete package. For example I’m unsure how this long clutch actuating rod I just received operates as I’ve yet to tear down the transmission.

any information appreciated
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Justin Monti
    AMCA #43973

Clutch release arm with lever goes into sprocket cover.
    3 piece throwout brng in sprocket cover large hole..actuated by arm/lever to brng to rod.
    There are many different lengths of rods for different years & models.
    Do you have Johnny Sells book?

Comment

As duffeycycles stated, get Johnny Sells book vintagemotorcycleworks.com. It contains a parts break down, disassembly and assembly instructions,
      plus photos of all the correct parts. Over the years, three different lengths of the push rod were used. If you have the correct clutch ( I can't tell from your photo ),
      your push rod needs to be 8 3/8" long.
      You clutch release arm is correct for 1929. Your sprocket cover should have a 384-28 casting no. inside if it is the correct one.
      Even if this is the correct sprocket cover, I wouldn't use it with the missing 4th mounting point.

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
        Clutch release arm with lever goes into sprocket cover.
        3 piece throwout brng in sprocket cover large hole..actuated by arm/lever to brng to rod.
        There are many different lengths of rods for different years & models.
        Do you have Johnny Sells book?
        I do not have his book. I can’t seem to get the rod to go in more than 2 inches perhaps something Is broken off inside
        Justin Monti
        AMCA #43973

Comment

Originally posted by RCamp View Post
          As duffeycycles stated, get Johnny Sells book vintagemotorcycleworks.com. It contains a parts break down, disassembly and assembly instructions,
          plus photos of all the correct parts. Over the years, three different lengths of the push rod were used. If you have the correct clutch ( I can't tell from your photo ),
          your push rod needs to be 8 3/8" long.
          You clutch release arm is correct for 1929. Your sprocket cover should have a 384-28 casting no. inside if it is the correct one.
          Even if this is the correct sprocket cover, I wouldn't use it with the missing 4th mounting point.
          I also received this clutch arm which is too short at the base to be used with this sprocket cover. I will order this book today.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          Justin Monti
          AMCA #43973

Comment

Working...
          X