Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M 7 Limkert

what was a M 7 Linkert used on?

Sold by Beck as an aftermarket replacement.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by camsaure View Post
      what was a M 7 Linkert used on?
      Cameron!

It could replace the Schebler DLX 98 on '32-'35 Indian 30.50 Scout Pony, DLX112 on '36-'37 Scout Pony and '38-'39 Junior Scouts, DLX122 on '40 Jr Scouts, and the Linkert M541 on '41 Juniors.
      The M7S and M7SA denoted different fuel fittings, with the SA probably replacing military M741s as well.

Or so I was led to believe,

....Cotten
      PS: With a venturi swap, it would do fine on many other models; A 13/16" would make it appropriate for a Four.
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-29-2017, 01:18 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, it came with a Harley J basket case that I am sorting out.

Comment

Cameron!

To be certain it is what is commonly referred to as a "Beck" replacement, did it have "INDIAN" stamped above it?

I would enjoy a pic of it if it doesn't, or if it is below,... Thanks,

....Cotten
          PS: It is ironic that these useful pieces of History are basically outlawed by AMCA judging. At least they remain affordable!
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-29-2017, 03:52 PM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

I don't recall seeing Indian on it anywhere. It appeared to be in pretty good condition, with very good nickel plating on it. I have not even pulled the float bowl yet ( I am sure it needs one of your floats if I even use it). I know I have a Schebler some where, not sure of model but am having trouble finding it. I guess I cleaned my shop too many times, lol. I do try to get my motorcycles as correct as absolutely possible, but forego judging. Mine are all riders and I don't hold up getting them going for lack of correct parts that can be easily added later. I have seen far too many great projects never finished while waiting for correct parts that could be easily added later, meanwhile the owner passes away. I keep getting older I guess. Another one of my passions is Model T Fords (flathead V8s too) and their Judging guidelines have been revised many times, only to my chagrin that the part I had on my car was correct all along after spending much time searching out the "correct" part. I will dig the carb out and try to post some pictures soon. Thanks again.

Comment

Cameron!

I don't immediately recollect any of the "Beck"s produced during the nickel era ('39 and before).
              So I will certainly find it interesting, and appreciate any and all photos for my collection, many thanks!

....Cotten
              Late edit: I just found two pics snagged off of ebay of molested 1" Models with M 7 H stamped upon them, without the "INDIAN" stamping.
              That's as much as I can guess for now.. except they both had H-D style choke thumbtabs, but Indian style throttle levers.
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-30-2017, 11:41 AM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Here's some pics for you Tom

1030171248_resized (1).jpglikert m7 folder.jpglinkert m_7.jpglinkert M7.jpg

Comment

Cameron!

The unique throttlelever and choketab mechanism smell industrial.

Thanks for the pics, and I hope to study them soon,

....Cotten
                  PS: Yes, admirable nickel!
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-30-2017, 06:26 PM.
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                  X