Tillotson HD Rebuild Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tillotson HD Rebuild Kit

Tillotson has issued a rebuild kit for the HD series of diaphragm carburetor used on Sportsters from 1966 to 1971 and shovelheads from 1967 to 1970. I have installed one and everything fits correctly and everything works. The accelerator pump is a piston and o-ring.
    They're available from Tillotson http://www.tillotson-racing.com/search?x=0&y=0&q=harley They are also available from EC Carburetors, the US-based distributor and karting expert. Their contact information is :
    EC Carburators
    2950 Highway 48 south
    Dickson TN 37055
    615-446-6807

most of those carbs were replaced by the later bendix or even an earlier linkert those tillotsons were responable for many fires how does the diaphram rubber react to modern gas blends in the day these carbs would flood over cause fires one bike in this area burned twice just one mans slant on this paul bergeron minot maine #7989

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G Bergeron View Post
      most of those carbs were replaced by the later bendix or even an earlier linkert those tillotsons were responable for many fires how does the diaphram rubber react to modern gas blends in the day these carbs would flood over cause fires one bike in this area burned twice just one mans slant on this paul bergeron minot maine #7989
      I have had a Tedd Taiwan diaphragm in for 3 years now and no issues yet. I carry a spare because I am surprised it has lasted so long with all the fuel reports destroying rubber. In the winter months I do not use any fuel stabilizer. I do at every tank full add Marvel. What would make them catch fire, back firing at the carb? I am changing this year from the foam filter to a K&N, I figure less chance of a fuel soaked foam cartridge. As I've said before, I went through several different types of carbs on my 69FL because everybody I knew seemed to bad mouth the Tillotson. For my stock motor it is the best carb I've had on it. I get double the gas mileage I did from a Bendix. I'm in the 40-45 mpg range, checked often.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Tillotson carbs were my favorites in the '70s for many applications. The performance was far better than a Bendix and with a few mods got even better. I always changed the inlet and vent fittings to 5/16", chopped the tip off the inlet needle , ran an adjustable high speed jet (Factory KR and XLR stuff), and a good free flowing air filter. Never saw or heard of any fires specific to Tillotsons (and working in a dealership I saw lots of them on bikes!). Most Tillotson issues had to do with operator meddling, people just couldn't leave the water faucet handle alone..
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

My customers original '67 FLH gets 52 MPG

Comment

I have just received the new TILLOTSON RACING RK-50 HD REPAIR KIT which costs about EUR 91 including S&H in Europe. The improved accelerator pump looks great, but the inlet control lever is not slotted for the inlet valve.

Comment

Working...
            X