Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! New Air Cleaner Element for Linkert 6" Air Filter Housings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! New Air Cleaner Element for Linkert 6" Air Filter Housings!!!

Am in contact with K & N to produce an air filter for the 6" Linkert housings.

Here is an email reply from K & N as they appear to be willing to work to develop an air cleaner from one current stock design:

Rich,

Thank you for your interest in K & N.

Please see the closest filter I found below. If the OD and ID is acceptable we might be able to make one with a 1.5” height.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=E-4400

Part E-4400 Product Specifications
    Product Style: Round Air Filter
    Height: 2.313 in (59 mm)
    Inside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
    Outside Diameter: 4.375 in (111 mm)

or

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=KA-4093

Part KA-4093 Product Specifications
    Product Style: Round Air Filter
    Height: 3.625 in (92 mm)
    Inner Wire: No
    Inside Diameter: 2.813 in (71 mm)
    Outside Diameter: 4.5 in (114 mm)

Is this the style you’re looking for?

Thank you,

END OF EMAIL: K & N does have a disclaimer about posting info so I am not certain if I am permitted to share the info in this manner, if not they will advise so if this thread disappears please understand why.

What I am asking for is that with more eyes on this for measurements for the 6" Linkert air filter housing, will these dimensions work, other than the fact of the filter height?

I provided a 2" height measurement for the filter. If this is incorrect please advise as this should be done correct from the get go.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by ricmoran; 05-15-2013, 05:08 PM.

Quick update, placed an order for the first air filter selected, once the bike is back on the road as I am doing top end work, will advise how it works.

Comment

Hi Rich, I have a K&N filter that comes in a kit with a backing plate to fit Linkert carbs, the oiled filter and chrome plain cover that is the same style as a J slot. The cover attaches with a single screw in the centre of the cover and the backing plate has 4 holes but I am using it on a 2 screw Linkert with no problem.

There are two numbers on the box as follows. RL-320B and 14080-1. I just did a search with K&N RL-320-B under images on Google and it's the first image that comes up.

So unless I misunderstand what you're after they already do it, or did it in the past. If K&N in the states are as knowledgeable as K&N Australia then there is you're problem. I went to the Australia agent here and he didn't know his arse from his elbow.

Good luck
      Phill

Comment

Working...
      X