DLX Schebler DL-33 venturi size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLX Schebler DL-33 venturi size

Does someone have an original DL-33 venturi and could measure the actual venturi size for me? I know the lists call it a .750" venturi but I'm finding that the venturis are sometimes larger than listed. This DL-33 venturi was used in lots of Schebler carbs like, DLX 10,16,25,51,52,54,64,65 etc. Thanks for your help!

Most of the Schebler venturis I've measured have come out as the 1928 service manual. DL-14 was 7/8", DL-13B was 15/16" and DL-15B was 7/8". I'd speculate that the DL-33 is very close to 3/4" as per the handbook.

Comment

harleytoprock!

Using a calibrated pool cue for measureing, I find nearly all potmetal venturies to be slightly large.

It seems to be the nature of the diecast metal to "move" over the decades. It would be of little significance, if the shrinkage did not also distort the outside of the venturi, allowing gaps around it.

The hole for the nozzle spigot is also commonly egged. Together with the daylight around the venturi, the nozzle is robbed of its "accelerator sump" effect.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
      X