spiting oil on kickstart please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiting oil on kickstart please help

hello, came home from work the other day to a big puddle of oil under my WL. so i drained the pan and the rest of the oil. today i fill the bike up with oil and try to kick her over, first couple of kick sound normal, then i hear this gurgling sound and oil is just gushing out of this hole under the front cylinder on the right side of the bike if your sitting on it. I'm going to post a picture of it. Was wondering if someone please tell me if something is missing, maybe a bolt vibrated out or maybe its supposed to be there and my piston is not moving. I'm very frustrated, any help would be much appreciated. thanks
    Attached Files

he another photo, in the center of this photo
    Attached Files

Comment

That is a very normal case of sumping. When a H-D sits for long periods it is common for the oil to leak past the oil pump check valve and fill the lower end with oil. It sometimes can be easily cured with a new ball and spring although sometimes it requires more work. Many bikes if ridden regularly never show symptoms of it. Others do it regularly. You need to either ride more or try the normal fixes. But be aware that sometimes even when everything is tried, they still do it. Search this forum for sumping and you will find plenty of info.
      Robbie
      Oh, anf d that slot you pictured is standard and must NOT be plugged, it is the crankcase breather.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
      X