Help 45 G transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 45 G transmission

A guy brought me an incomplete box of trans parts for a 3 bolt Servicar. Parts and service manuels (I have 4 different years + a cd) don't show the reverse gears. I think I have it figured out except for the right mainshaft bearings appear to need a washer to keep the rollers off of the reverse gear bushing.
    Did HD ever make a manuel including what I need or has anyone ever penciled in the omitted parts?
    Also the shiftarm bushing has an open end, looks like a welch plug could go there but I don't find any mention of that either.

Starting to loose patience on this one, thanks Kerry
    Kerry AMCA # 15911

watch out for the positions of the gears vs. shift dogs .make sure you are positioning the dog so you get equal engagement in both directions on both dogs. If you pay attention to the dimensions in the book you will probably be off by a long ways on the second to high setup. the dog might end up flush to the face of second gear and the dog will be centered between engagement points.Also the 1959-1973 service manual shows the reverse gear and parts .
    Last edited by duffeycycles; 11-27-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X