Turn signals on a 12V Knuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals on a 12V Knuck

Has anyone installed turn signals on a Knuck or Pan? Do you have to run the wires externally strapped to the handlebars? Tell me the wires can be run through the handlebars.....not. How about a turn signal switch you can operate with your knees? I'm going to install the blinkers and then remove them and the 12V system after I get it registered. It's a Knuck. I want mine 6V. I'll change it back after the first time I get a ticket for an infraction.

Of course rather than put ugly turn signals on that you want to tear off, you could put on good looking units. I also see no reason why you couldn't run the wiring inside the handlebars.
    I did all the electrical work on this knuckle:
    http://www.gypsymotorcycles.com/gypsy.htm
    Wiring inside the handlebars, front (on the forks) and rear (under the seat) blinkers that also double as running lights. The rear bulbs are double filament so they do triple duty as additional brake lights too. The high/low beam switch on this bike is on the right footboard so a turn signal switch for the knees should be do-able ... Perry

Comment

Nice machine. Danny Kims? Yes, I guess you had room for the turn signal wiring in the handlebar, maybe on the right side because the gas feed cable is not in there? It gets pretty tight in the handlebars on the left side with the dimmer wiring and and spark retard and throttle cable and horn wiring on the right? Think we could still find room for the 6V (fatter than 12V wires) front directional signal wiring? The CHP said, "O.K. on 6V "special construction," just make sure the beam illuminates 200' ahead and that the taillight can be seen 1000' in back of you.
      I re-upped my subscription to IronWorks. Maybe they'll run some Replica motor articles. It takes 6 months from the time something hits the editors desk, until it shows up in print.

Comment

Danny Lim's. No wires in the right handlebar (so external throttle doesn't really help). Left bar has no advance cable since it's electronic ignition. It has horn and turn signals wires (5 in total). Dimmer switch is on the footboard ... Perry

Comment

Right side footboard cad plated '51 Chevy-style 1/2 ton dimmer switch? Do you have to cut an access hole in the footboard under and in front of the right brake pedal? I can live with that, I guess. Free's up some room in the left handlebar and leaves the dimmer switch on the left handlebar to be used as the turn signal switch.

Comment

Working...
          X