Voltage Regulator Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Regulator Identification

I would like to know if anyone can post what type of voltage regulator this could be. This is not an Indian vertical, as that one was rectangular.
    This one appears to be an original Delco Remy and looks brand new on the inside when I removed the cover. Most likely rebuilt or possibly one that was not used that much.
    There were no other stamps anywhere.
    Photos follow.
    -JR Delco Remy Voltage Regulator 7.JPGDelco Remy Voltage Regulator 1.JPGDelco Remy Voltage Regulator 5.JPG

Looks like a standard 6v VR300 Delco Remy. Maybe HD # 74510-47A?
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Are you sure there is nothing on one of the feet?
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Rubone! You were right. The patina was the same tone as the metal color and I just didn't see the stamps.
        Here's what I see.
        Delco Remy 6 Voly Voltage Regulator.JPG What type of motorcycle do you think it was used on? The shape is exactly like the reproduction voltage regulators Starklite sells/sold, but I know from other photos that the originals did not have this shape unless there were various types used for six volt systems.
        -JR

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
          Delco Remy 6 Voly Voltage Regulator.JPG What type of motorcycle do you think it was used on?
          -JR
          '58-'64 HD BT and possibly servicar, I think Palmers mentioned earlier police model HD also.
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post

'58-'64 HD BT and possibly servicar, I think Palmers mentioned earlier police model HD also.
            Police models with high output systems all used three component regulators (radio models), regular Police units just used standard parts. Lightweight models with generators used that unit as well as did Ks and Sportsters.

What are your plans for it?
            Last edited by Rubone; 03-22-2023, 06:23 PM.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Well, Rubone, this was thrown in as a kind of extra when I purchased my first Amal 276 ES/1B for my TT build. I don't really have plans for it because I thought this might be a VR for one of the verticals.
              Do you need one?
              -JR

Comment

tumblr_of9g4hmYy21sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

That's a good, historical photo. Looks identical doesn't it?
                  -JR

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
                    That's a good, historical photo. Looks identical doesn't it?
                    -JR
                    There are many regulators that look the same, but the stamping designation reveals what they are for. The H-D type were much lower amperage than automotive types that look the same. There is a lot of info in the H-D service manuals as to adjustment and application.
                    I have several bikes that could use it. What would you like for it? Sorry but I don't have any Warrior bits!
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone, whatever you think is fair. You can send a PM and I'll give you the information you need.
                      This will still further the Warrior parts. Thank you.
                      -JR

Comment

Here you go, Rubone. I didn't know if the other communications worked or not.
                        I'll post the internal photos here also.
                        -JR HD VR 2.JPGHD VR 4.JPG
                        Attached Files

Comment

And the last two.
                          -JR HD VR 5.JPGHD VR 7.JPG

Comment

Here's one that I just found that looks like an aftermarket period VR.
                            -JR HD VR 1.jpgHD VR 2.jpgHD VR 3.jpg

Comment

And three more.
                              -JR HD VR 4.jpgHD VR 6.jpgHD VR 7.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X