Police spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police spotlights

We’re talking1964 police spotlights here. I was told by a former police officer ,not from that time period. Police spot lights were flashing red on the curbside & steady clear on the street side. Red to notify the driver to pull over and clear to illuminate the street side for safety once stopped. I ask because I’m working on a police bike and now is a convenient time to wire the relay back into the headlight shroud clip. Of course wiring would run parallel with only the red lamp passing through the relay. Any input before I wire this in?

Only that spotlight color, placement , and flashing pattern varied from state to state and in many cases city to city, etc. There wasn't a standard placement. Viewing of old photos will show you many variations including the Cycle Signal post mounted revolving light.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Much appreciated. I’ll likely run the red lens with the flasher on the L/H lamp and simply control the illumination with its individual housing switch. I’m city driving for the most part so just running the R/H spot is more than I’ll ever need. Just wouldn’t want to make any enemies in the PD. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by steuerm View Post
        Much appreciated. I’ll likely run the red lens with the flasher on the L/H lamp and simply control the illumination with its individual housing switch. I’m city driving for the most part so just running the R/H spot is more than I’ll ever need. Just wouldn’t want to make any enemies in the PD. Thanks again
        If you don't want enemies in the PD, never turn that light on except at a show or the like, otherwise you are in violation of emergency vehicle laws.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
          Only that spotlight color, placement , and flashing pattern varied from state to state and in many cases city to city, etc. There wasn't a standard placement. Viewing of old photos will show you many variations including the Cycle Signal post mounted revolving light.
          That explains why I was told, Folks...

Final assembly of the nacelle (at least) was left to the dealer!

(That should blow Judge's minds.)

.....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-23-2022, 08:46 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

A retired motor officer friend went one step further. He had some slip over covers made for the spot/pursuit lights on his vintage police bikes for when he rides them.
            Dave

Comment

I have a set of blue spotlights & duoglide police type oil tank/battery tray available if anyone is interested.

Comment

Part of the update was to include a single pole double throw switch under the nacelle to bypass the flasher on the L/H lamp in addition to the clear lens. Red for display.

Comment

Working...
                X