Bosch magneto service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch magneto service

My Bosch ffvrs magneto (baby bosch) has no spark.Points and HTwires in good shape.
    Magneto was previously serviced by George Poundin about 40yrs ago.Had great spark but always hot.
    Then sent to Jacks Carousel who fixed that issue but now after sitting some years most likely needs a recharge or maybe condenser replacement.
    Any recommendation for Bosch magneto service appreciated.
    Tom

Tom, I had the ZEV mag for my '16J done by Rudy Calin: rudy@rebuiltmags.com

He did a good job, and was able to replace hard to find bakelite internals with modern plastic reproductions.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks eric for the link and recommendation.
      Time to remove it and read all of BoschZEV's posts again ,especially on replacement condensers.
      I recall marksmagneto mentioned in some threads but their FB page seems mostly tractor stuff ,same as a few other google search results for Bosch mag service.
      Tom

Comment

I've heard good things about Mark's magneto also, and I recall hearing that he was good with Bosch mags.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric,
          I have been studying Boshzev's posts and I think I am going to open it up when I remove it and do some testing.
          When googling indian magneto repair i came across Starklite site had a factory service bulletin on converting the 30's bikes to the new ,better,40 mag.
          I have one of these mags also so maybe I'll just update to the "modern" mag.
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X