VLD dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLD dash

Can anyone help me out? I'm having trouble trying to figure out why my ammeter will NOT fit flush to the dash. I'm not able to get it any closer than about an 1/8". I have included a bunch of pictures in hopes that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Frank
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    Last edited by Chessie Jake; 08-28-2021, 03:05 PM.

Dear Frank, Harley used two ammeter styles and the later one came with a spacer ring. You just need to fit that.

Comment

Steve,
      As always, I knew that if you saw this, I would find out what I needed for my VL. I became a little impatient yesterday and decided I would make a spacer until I found out. I'll have to contact Rat at Harbor Vintage or a few of the other guys on this side of the world to see if anyone has one of those spacers . As you know, this is my first old bike and I still have A LOT to learn, but I'm having a GREAT time working on and riding my 35 VLD. I included a couple of pictures of what I did.

Frank
      IMG_3477.JPGIMG_3487.JPGIMG_3490.JPGIMG_3496.JPG
      Last edited by Chessie Jake; 08-29-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

What year do they use the spacer?

Comment

John,

I'm sorry I don't remember what Steve at VL Heaven told me.

Frank

Comment

I know you're all dying to ask, why do you have the dash in upside-down?

Comment

That's the amp gauge. upside-down I mean. Oops

Comment

John,

I had placed the gauge back into the dash for the picture and wasn't paying attention because I wanted to show the spacer that I had made. Nothing gets by YOU!! I've included a picture of the way is. I got the correct spacer from Steve at VL Heaven, but haven't replaced it yet.

Thanks,

Frank

BL5A1159.jpg
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X