Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Horn

Hi folks,
    Trying to resurrect my VL horn. Came to me in bits with the bike but I believe it may be the original as it still has the brass 'Sunburst' cover and as you can see in the pic the rectangular fiber insulator is still there. Question - Does anyone know if the wire on the left is original or not? Seems to have an outer shield and it looks like some soldering iron burn marks where it connects with the points assembly. Could be all factory of course but I'm getting high resistance readings through it so thought I'd ask before removing it.

Stay safe.
    Peter
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Peter Cooke View Post
    Hi folks,
    Trying to resurrect my VL horn. Came to me in bits with the bike but I believe it may be the original as it still has the brass 'Sunburst' cover and as you can see in the pic the rectangular fiber insulator is still there. Question - Does anyone know if the wire on the left is original or not? Seems to have an outer shield and it looks like some soldering iron burn marks where it connects with the points assembly. Could be all factory of course but I'm getting high resistance readings through it so thought I'd ask before removing it.

Stay safe.
    Peter
    My guess would be yes. Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry.

Comment

Dear Peter, the Remy horn inners usually last well as they are sealed up tight. My problem with rebuilding mixed and matched items is getting them to sound. That little adjuster screw only works over about an eighth of a turn so you have to keep moving it in small increments until the diaphragm clicks and then vibrates. It looks like you should be OK.

Comment

Working...
        X