Question about a generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a generator?

I have a splitdorf-ns mag for my 21 indian scout and have had a major problem getting it to work after sending to two different re-builders. Those who know understand that these mags they have a key-way, pin, and gear for timing. Some re-builders put a shaft in that does not offer all these parts for timing but rather a nut you tighten down to set the timing, when the nut backs off over a period timing is out of wack. My question is to find someone, (someone really good and you have had experience with this mag, timing is so important), who could fix with the original system using a key-way, pin, and gear? Thanks to all who could help. oldblu
    Last edited by oldblu; 07-24-2019, 07:45 AM. Reason: The question should be about a magneto

Originally posted by oldblu View Post
    I have a splitdorf-ns mag for my 21 indian scout and have had a major problem getting it to work after sending to two different re-builders. Those who know understand that these mags they have a key-way, pin, and gear for timing. Some re-builders put a shaft in that does not offer all these parts for timing but rather a nut you tighten down to set the timing, when the nut backs off over a period timing is out of wack. My question is to find someone, (someone really good and you have had experience with this mag, timing is so important), who could fix with the original system using a key-way, pin, and gear? Thanks to all who could help. oldblu
    I think pinning the gear in place with motor timed is the easiest.The nut should never back off regardless of key type.Maybe some locktite blue.
    The pin is drilled in the seam of the gear and shaft and the drill shank can be used to make the pin.
    The nut would be tightened to lock the taper,then removed to pin.
    If this is the only issue with mag you are lucky.
    I have no mag experience pre 34 so I may have missed somethingand cant recommend a mechanic.
    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, will see if anyone has a suggestion on a re-builder? Again thanks for replying!

Comment

There is a company advertising in the amca mag. Also posts a lot of mag videos on Facebook. Appears to have equipment and knowledge.

Vahan Dinihanian at vahan237@gmail.com
        Dan Margolien
        Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
        Www.yankeechapter.org
        Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X