Cyclery 32E Replica Generator Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclery 32E Replica Generator Opinions

I am starting a 39 Knuckle build from parts (mostly original) and need a generator. I was planning on locating an original generator and having it rebuilt and converted to a 2 brush set-up. I just saw The Cyclery is selling a replica 32E with modern internals with a 2 brush set-up. Made by Cycle Electric. Price seems good. This will not be a judged bike so not having an original generator does not bother me. Has anyone used one, or know other who have? I am thinking if to Cycle Electric the quality must be good and USA made is a big plus. Also, can anyone spot any obvious details that would not make this at least a close approximation of an original (other than tag)? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Bob
    I can't speak for the Cyclery generator but....
    Original 32E generators are so plentiful, relatively inexpensive, and simple to rebuild, why not just go that route?
    How much is the Cyclery unit?
    Just asking.
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

They run about $580, 6 or 12 volt. You precisely expressed my dilemma. If I can find a good one I might just go original. I was just throwing it out there to see what folks thought.

Comment

Sent you a PM
        Jerry

Originally posted by Holeshotbob View Post
        They run about $580, 6 or 12 volt. You precisely expressed my dilemma. If I can find a good one I might just go original. I was just throwing it out there to see what folks thought.

Comment

Working...
        X