edison splitdorf mag, subject index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edison splitdorf mag, subject index?

Just into a type C, and I think that a contact is missing inside the rotor. Hoping the coil is still good.
    Doug Strange had done a subject index about 15 years ago, but I don't think Steve Blancard's mag discussions since then can be "tracked". If so, can anyone refer me to issues in club magazine that discuss?

All of the great articles that Steve Blancard had in the AMCA magazine, and a few more, are available on my web site. Years ago Steve threw in the towell and even dumped his web site. He gladly sent all that info to me and it has been posted there for some time.

My web site is: www.splitdorfreg.com Click on SPLITDORF, then STEVE BLANCARD and you'll find all that info. Or, here is a link to the page directly: http://www.splitdorfreg.com/Blancard/Blanchard.htm

Hope that helps

Gene Harper

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
      All of the great articles that Steve Blancard had in the AMCA magazine, and a few more, are available on my web site. Years ago Steve threw in the towell and even dumped his web site. He gladly sent all that info to me and it has been posted there for some time.

My web site is: www.splitdorfreg.com Click on SPLITDORF, then STEVE BLANCARD and you'll find all that info. Or, here is a link to the page directly: http://www.splitdorfreg.com/Blancard/Blanchard.htm

Hope that helps

Gene Harper
      Gene, that's great to know! except, ...... I thought you BORN that smart! (yuk-yuk!)

Okay, tonight I'll check the web site, but meantime, we believe we need a coil, for that mag you looked at in Fremont. I intend to send it to an army friend, wish I could send a live one instead of a dormant one. This thing is just dormant, I figure.

Comment

Quite a review!
        Just read Blancard's discussion on "magneto". If I merely skimmed over this back when it was in the amca magazine then it's no wonder nothing stuck. The review is invaluable. It didn't make me expert enough to make a lab rat of my rare model C, however, so I'll have to reach for a sorrier subject to wreck.
        My local magneto guy says a rewound coil would cost maybe $150 or so. He mentioned "some California shops". Any ideas? Or do I check the advertiser" index?

Comment

If you have a coil to use as a core, $150 is not bad. I would check the advertiser's index. I know Ed Strain is listed, not sure about Marks Magnetos in New England somewhere. I've heard good things about both of them.

Gene

Comment

I've had many magnetos done by Ed Strain, and they all worked well. Good guy. I miss Steve Blanchard's personal insight and first hand knowledge of the mysterious old electrical stuff we all have to deal with. I also miss talking to him at meets as he was a very friendly, approachable person.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X