No announcement yet.

Circuit protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, I have a few sets of the blue battery pads in reserve stock, but have not had the wires removed from the +/- poles for service. I am on the fence with these as they are franky......FUGLY!

CP-90 is produced by a company known as Krown Rust Control out of Canada.

If you've watched the Speed channel at all, sometimes you'll see their logo on the upper right hand corner as a 30 second spot for Krown.

In the USA the product is known as CarWell CP-90.

This is applied to the complete bike once every 9 months or so, depending on Hawaii wave acitivty - salt from ocen spray can travel 35 miles inland, pretty much covering the complete island and on big surf days you'd think the salt has taken over the atmosphere. Riding the North Shore, my goggles get covered with salt within a few miles so the whole bike if not protected would end up being a rust bucket in a very short amount of time.

Zero corrosion issues, except where over the years the patina had happened on parts, and that was prior my ownership.

Once treated the patina remains but all the parts including the pakerized parts retain the oiled look.

Best news is the parkerized springs on the springer, the product migrates a high degree to protect the full winding of the springs without having to soak the springs to insure the spring surfaces are fully treated. Migration is anywhere from 30 to 40% over where the product first touches the surface, so your sure this gets into the terminal connections as well as migrates up the wires intot the harness to keep the wiring healthy. The speedo cable is alos another conundrum, but w/this product treating the outer wrap means that the drive cable is getting treated as well and since the product lubricates more than the OEM design life for the cable will happen.

Once applied, the bike has a well oiled look to it and reminds one of how a weapon should look when well preserved and taken care of....BTW, yep, we do use this stuff on our personal firearms as well and have literally thousands of users on this product here in the state of Hawaii.

Go here: https://www.corrosioncops.com/ or here: https://www.corrosioncops.com/Products.html

Comment

Thanks for the info Ric.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
        Thanks for the info Ric.
        Your welcome Bill.

Comment

Working...
        X