Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulCDF
    replied
    Final picture is . . .. That's right my wife bought me a proper set of tools from Geers!
    (I DID have a GREAT Christmas).

Indian Trans Tools Done!.JPG

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    These photos show early try to build clutch basket puller. Materials were limited so started with
    old circular saw blade (Remember EARLY attemp). Blade seems too thin and flexible if used would need
    to use 2 or 3 for stiffness AND Braze weld blade knock out at saws center.

Indian Trans tools Z.JPG

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    So. . . I've been working on my version of the tools for the Indian Transmission and clutch basket:
    Pictures show 1 + 5/8 inch open end-box wrench. Some measuring; cutting; grinding and more cutting
    and grinding to get it to fit inside transmisson case and grab Clutch Sprocket nut:

Trans wrench Start A.jpgIndian Trans Wrench D.JPGTrans wrench Fit.jpg

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    Thanks; Harry, Tom & Cotten
    I'll try modifying a box wrench; my sawing, grinding and filing skills surpass any lathe work I would attempt.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    I did as Tom suggests, Folks,..

CHFCTUL2.jpg

The welding and carving upon the handle allows it to hold the nut firmly by resting upon the case; Face it, there is barely enough swing to use the wrench upon the nut alone, but it can secure the nut while the basket is then threaded into it, using the "spanner" shown here at the bottom. (It also can pull a sticky basket.)

CHFCTULS.jpg

Then you know its torqued properly, and saves enormous time when swapping shims, especially if the powerplant is still in the chassis!

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-05-2021, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tfburke3
    replied
    another option is to get an 1 5/8 box wrench with slight offset and just grind a notch in the end just big enought to slip over the mainshaft,and grind the face flat to fit better over the thin nut.
    No welding.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• pisten-bully
    replied
    Here's the Greer's wrench, it gets the job done... but probably not as well as the one in the article, that looks great. Greer's is 16" long so you can get some good leverage with it:

wrench.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jcrawford
    replied
    I replied to that article in 'Nuts and Bolts' about the Indian clutch hub nut wrench. As stated in the "Want A Wrench?" section, as advised, I sent an e-mail with “Indian Wrench” in the subject line to: AMCAtools@ gmail.com. I never received a response. I would also like to know if any were produced / available?

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    started a topic Indian Clutch Hub Nut Wrench

Indian Clutch Hub Nut Wrench

Back in Nov-Dec 2019 issue of club magazine there was a How to article on making a Indian Clutch Hub Nut Wrench starting with a six point impact socket. Before I attempt
    to fabricate one, I was wondering if anyone knew if these every went into production? Thanks
Working...
X